Software Development Engineer Intern
- Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring innovative products and services to market.
- Collaborate to design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment, and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
- Collaborate to create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
- Collaborate to build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
- Ability to design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software.
At Amazon, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate and build on behalf of our customers. The intense focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world’s most beloved brands – customer obsession is part of our company DNA. Our interns write real software and collaborate with a select group of experienced software development engineers (SDEs) who guide interns on projects that matter to our customers.
Interns at Amazon Mexico work 6hs a day (30hs/week) for 12 months. As an intern, you will be matched to a manager and a mentor. You will have the opportunity to influence the evolution of Amazon technology and help with critical projects early in your career. Your design, code, and raw smarts will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the areas of distributed systems, data mining, automation, optimization, scalability, and security – just to name a few.
In addition to working on an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians for both personal and professional development, expand your network, and participate in activities with other interns throughout your internship. No matter the location of your internship, we give you the tools to own your project and learn in a real-world setting. Many of our technologies overlap, and you would be hard pressed to find a team that is not using Amazon Web Services (AWS), touching the catalogue, or iterating services to better personalize for customers.